Press "Ctrl+F5" to refresh the page All links open in a new window Close current window to return to the HOME page
4X4 TRACK BUILDING :
Farmers / Land Owners / Trail Owners - we can layout and build your 4x4 track. Includes a GPS map with POI. Please contact us for a quote or consultation.
4X4 TRAIL GRADING :
We are able to grade your 4x4 route for difficulty. 4x4 Gradings can be done according to the scale used by the DriveOut Magazine, or to the new Offventure Scale.
DriveOut Scale :
1. Easy - suitable for 2x4
2. Easy to moderate. 4WD is necessary
3. Moderate. Low Range is recommended.
4. Difficult. Low Range is essential.
5. Extreme. Serious 4x4's with recovery backup.
Offventure Scale : Matching vehicle capability and terrain difficulty without wheelslip.
1. = 2WD + AWD vehicles, Gravel Roads, *Tyre Pressure 1.8 bar or higher, Vehicle Speed 80km/h or higher.
2. = AWD vehicles, Sand & Dunes, <31 inch tyres, tyre pressure 1.0 bar; 250mm ground clearance
3. = 4WD vehicles with low range; 31 inch tyres, tyre pressure 0.8 bar; 300mm ground clearance;
4. = 4WD vehicle; low range; one rear difflock or traction control; 31 inch tyres, tyre pressure 0.8 bar; 350mm ground clearance
5. = 4WD vehicle; low range; front + rear difflock ; Suspension lift ; 33 inch tyres, tyre pressure 0.6 bar
* Tyre Pressures given is for unloaded vehicles, tubeless tyres, standard vehicle size tyres.
This scale also provides for ratings 1.5, 2.5, 3.5 and 4.5.
In each instance, the vehicle or terrain has a capability or difficulty in between.
Example : A 2.5 rating will be for a vehicle with tyre pressure 0.8, or the terrain requires a ground clearance of 300mm.
COG MEASUREMENTS / ROLL OVER MEASUREMENTS
The Academy will soon be ready to provide this service.
4X4 ACCIDENT INVESTIGATIONS
This is a service we offer to Insurance companies or any party who wishes to find the cause of 4x4 related accidents that took place.
4x4 STANDARD PRACTICES / 4X4 GUIDELINES
Mining companies or any other seeking advice for compiling Standard 4x4 Practices may contact us for support.
Training Video Clips; 4x4 Reference Manual; Pull & Kinetic Recovery.
For Sales and Services, please email us - see company details.